Wednesday, March 08, 2006

So I was sitting here reading comments when a post reminded me that I'd forgotten to update you all on my drug addicted, alcoholic, egocentric mother who can't seem to live her life without creating some type of drama. Thank-you, B.J. for mentioning that "millions still believe that [Pat Robertson is] sane." That reminded me of my own insane mother who adores Robertson.

Starting on my birthday, she sent me four emails in three days (still not speaking with her). First she was BEGGING me to speak to her. Could tell in the way it was written that she was wasted. Before I even have a chance to consider this plea (yeah...right) she emails me again. Evidently she has, ONCE AGAIN, turned her life over to...you got it...Christ. She has replaced her "nightly beverage to Root Beer, or Sprite." Anyone here believe that one? I sure as hell don't.

Then she "set me free" as she came to realize the I was not born for her "fulfillment"("hallelujah for this revelation" she says). Several "Praise the Lord"'s later and she set me free from her. My favorite part in all of this though was when she forwarded the "You are free" email to Bear asking him to join her in prayer as she prays "to bind the powers of Satan" who is apparently putting "evil feelings and thoughts" in my mind that are keeping me from wanting to speak to her.

I don't need satan for that one. Thirty-five years of knowing her did the trick.

Of course after all of the above, she tried calling my cell phone to sing "Happy Birthday" to my son. Yeah, right.

My poor husband. If I were him, I'd be worrying about what kind of stock I bred with. Of course, my Daddy was a total gem, so I guess that makes up for it.

9 comments:

Heather B said...

I wonder if my husband thinks the same thing about me and my crazy relatives too ... he comes from a "normal" family that never seems to have drama.

That would be nice!

Krystal said...

Who's the drama queen in your family? Mine is obviously my mother.

Heather B said...

That would be everyone BUT my mother, I have crazy cousins, uncles, aunts, siste-in-laws, brother-in-laws.

I'm pretty sure I am the only normal one ... then again they probably think that too - and that is scary!

Krystal said...

You poor thing. Holidays must be hell.

The Bizza said...

Wow.

We should have a "Crazy-off" to see which mom is the looniest.

At least my mom has an excuse... she really is batshit insane and often leaps to JFK-like conspiracy theories. There's no malice or attempt to manipulate involved, she just takes a ludicrous idea and runs with it till the cops are called... Your mom seems to be trying that guilt angle, with a side of Jesus and amens. I wish you luck.

Thanks for the shout-out! And please feel free to take as many half-nekkid pics as you like. We don't mind.

Krystal said...

BJ, you're a hoot! LOL! I take those pictures because I've lost 64 pounds. I've gone from wearing an 18W/20 to wearing a 5/6 or 7/8 depending on the cut.

Okay, "Crazy-off", eh? I have one for you: when my dad was out of town on business, I use to find my mother sitting in her room holding her knees, rocking back and forth saying how much her life sucked. She'd end up locking herself in her room. The next morning before leaving for school it would still be locked. I'd have to bang on it until she yelled at me just so I knew that I didn't need to call the coronor before going to school.

The Bizza said...

Congrats on your weight-loss! If you don't mind me asking... what is your secret? I have a beer-gut that I'd like to get rid of, but I don't really wanna stop drinking beer, so If you have a miracle cure, spill it!

As for the "crazy-off" my gosh... you are so out of your league! I'll have to hold back nearly all of my stories just to keep this competitive... hmmm...

My mom use to tell my childhood friends that she was a witch. She also thought Oprah was tapping her phones back in 1987, when she was just a local celebrity in Chicago.

This is just too easy..

Krystal said...

That's too damned funny about Oprah! Okay...My mother supports Pat Robertson.

Krystal said...

How I lost the weight? Let's see, I drink two-three 32oz containers of water a day, make sure I get the 25 grams of fibre a woman needs a day, I try to eat six times a day (three 200-300 calorie meals and 3 snacks under 100), I watch my fat intake, I work out at least 30 minutes a day, even if it's just walking, I generally don't eat much after 7:00, small snack maybe.

I track everything I eat at FitDay.com (it's free and it REALLY makes a difference). Guess that's about it.