Friday, March 10, 2006

The most important order of business today is to wish my Daddy a Happy Birthday. He would have been 73.

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

We love you and miss you a lot!


This afternoon I will be making him a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It was his favorite. The kids and I will all sing happy birthday to him after dinner. He will always hold a special place in my heart. Maybe I'll take the kids to the local chinese restaurant. Chinese was his favorite too.

Last night was fun. We had just finished dessert and the kids and I were cleaning the kitchen were I heard this sound I hadn't heard in ages. I tell all the kids to hush. I run and open the side door. SHIT! I run to the TV. SHIT! SHIT!! Time to run our asses down to the basement. We lost the lights before making it to the stairs. I lit candles and down we go. I had to run upstairs to grab another candle. Two of the boys were so scared they had to pee. And pee they did, into an empty flower pot. Of course they didn't know that the flower pot had those little holes in the bottom. I now have a carpet downstairs with human child pee on it. Oh well. The tornado hit about thirty miles from here, but we had winds that were upwards of 60 mph and the storm, with the tornado, was heading our way. I could HEAR the damned thing.

Since we are moving into tornado season, I am putting together a tornado kit: two flashlights, extra batteries, some candles and a lighter. I'm going to put these things into a bucket...for pissing in.

Remember that crazy thing Feminoz noticed about how the security letters for posting frequently had something to do with the comment being posted? Well, it just happened to me again! I was replying to a comment about a "Crazy-off" between mothers and my security letters were "heaqz". Notice how incredibly close that comes to spelling "heads" when we're discussing crazy people? Huuuuuuhhhhh? Frightening.

Did I mention that in my little piece of BFE there are two men really fighting it out to win COUNTY CORONOR? Seriously. I see "Elect so-n-so for Corornor" signs all over the place. I saw one sign for something else, but I don't remember what it was. Evidently, the county cororonor position is in high demand. Eeeewwwww.

No comments: