Saturday, January 07, 2006

You won't believe this...there isn't a Dunkin Donuts within a fifty mile radius of where we are moving to. The closest Krispy Kreme is 90.54 miles away. What. Will. I. Do?!?!

Fortune Cookies

I've had a few amazing fortune cookies. Last night I had:
"Better face danger than be always in fear."

I thought that was pretty good. Two weeks ago I had:
"A mentor is a person whose hindsight can be your foresight."

Deep eh? Bear had one recently:
"Imagine what you could accomplish if you didn't think you could fail."

The one I had when Bear and I went for lunch read:
"You will be lucky in love."

That was sweet.

I'd be terrible at fortune cookies. I'd write stuff like:

"Those who brown-nose smell like shit."

--and--

"Real men don't live with Mommy."

How about:

"Those who are lazy often go hungry."

I like that one a lot. However, for some reason I don't think those would go over too well. I don't think I'd make it at greeting cards either. Oh well.

After some consideration, I've made a few decisions for the new year. I don't believe in "New Year's Resolutions" per se, but it's always good to re-evaluate your situation, keep what works for you and toss out what doesn't. So here are a few I'm gonna keep, and a few I'm tossing out:

1. I will continue to embrace my age. I will be 35 in just 44 days and I can't wait for my birthday!!!

2. I will continue to defy the adage "grow old gracefully." I am in the best shape of my life and I will dress however I want and party as much as needed. Let everyone else slip quietly into the night. I'm gonna go with a BANG!

3. I have become more confident in myself over the last several months due to some changes I have made in my life. I like this SO I will continue on my path of self-empowerment and self-enlightenment.

4. I'm too nice to people. I will stop letting other people intimidate me because, damn! I've no reason to feel intimidated. Over the last month I've found myself standing up for myself more and I like it. So out with intimidation and in with standing my ground.

5. I will be officially tossing out my Republican ties. I'm changing my party affiliation to Libertarian. Yup, me and Clint Eastwood. Famous Libertarians

6. I also decided to create my own adult web site...Just kidding.

No comments: