Friday, January 27, 2006

Random Thoughts, Tid Bits, Musings, and Babble About the Last Few Days...

I bought a gorgeous lamp last night. It cost $100. It goes perfect with my new living room set that I also bought up here on clearance.

Discovered last night that hot cocoa with a slippery nipple shot thrown in it is amazingly yummy.

I think I could walk around the entire city square in less than ten minutes. I live in the county seat. The county court house has one judge for traffic and one judge for everything else. The public health department for the entire county is only open from 8:00am-9:30am M-F. Yup, that's just 7 1/2 hours a week. I know this because I had to go out there this evening because...

We have no water pressure so I called the well people who informed me that it sounded like I had a clogged up filter. I go to check the filter. I need a new one. I'll have to change it every three weeks with there being seven of us. That's just icky because he said that sometimes you'll see really gross stuff in it. I don't know if I could handle seeing the gross stuff that the filter is taking out of the water that I'm drinking. I KNOW that there is gross stuff in it, but I don't wanna see it. So I ask...

if there is another system that I wouldn't have to clean every three weeks. There is. He has me check the tank of one of the toilets to see if there are rust stains. No, I tell him it's gray...gray slime. He tells me to have my water checked for cholera immediately. Evidently, there are several things that can cause gray slime, one of them is cholera. It's the only bad one, so I need to check the water as a precaussion.

Now I realize the entire cholera intestinal thing is obviously not good, and I should be super concerned, which I am having the water tested and we're drinking bottled until the results show up, but my big concern is Fun Land. I mean, I can't purchase bottled water for bathing. What about Fun Land? It's soaked in the water. The water finds it's way into every crevice, especially while I'm soaking in the nice big tub. I wanna know if there are any dangers to Fun Land from cholera. I don't wanna end up with an itchy cooter. Itchy cooter would prevent any activity in Fun Land when I see my Bear in a little over a week. We cannot allow that to happen.

Oh hey! I take my own garbage to garbage drop off. It's not that bad, just ten minutes and I'm back. With that handy-dandy trash compactor I have now, I only have to change the trash every other day. When I go out, I just detour by the drop off station and throw it into one of the dumpsters to be hauled off to the dump somewhere.

My daughter had finished cleaning her room and told me to go check, but "just don't check the closet." Well, that's when I told her that I most definately WOULD be checking the closet. She goes "Oh" and hands me the popcorn. Tells me she'll be right back because she "forgot it." She's up there to "unforget" about it right now. Just thought that was amusing.

Someone was in the barn last night. I thought about doing a couple Slippery Nipple shots, putting my boots back on, grabbing my gun, and finding out who was down there.

But I'm not QUITE that stupid.

Or that brave actually. A fox might come after me or something. Sheeeeeeesh! I'm in the sticks. Goddess only knows what might be out there...watching me...waiting to make its move...like a SKUNK or something.

I guess that's enough babble for the night. I'm going to go get happy now and hope it will dull the pain in my back so I can get some sleep.

2 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

what the bloddy hell is a slippery nipple shot?

Krystal said...

In a shot glass mix equal parts butterscotch schnapps and Baileys. I like mine a little heavier on the Baileys.