Wednesday, January 25, 2006

So where do I start...?

Okay, a couple days before the move, Bear and I buffed out and polished my boots. I love my boots. Friday morning of the move the U-Haul is all packed, the kids and I are dressed and ready to go. I'm outside talking with a neighbor when it happened...

a fly by turding.

That's correct, folks, not long before we're suppose to leave, a bird turds on me and my neighbor. It got on my shirt in two places and ON MY BOOTS! But hey, my neighbor got it in the hair, so I guess I'm willing to sacrifice my boots. I had to hand wash out my shirt and then throw it in the dryer. A friend in Florida told me that being turded by a bird was good luck. I though they were full of shit. But I've had several other people tell me the same thing. Okay, so I'll accept it as good luck. Bird turd...who'd have thought it?

Anyway, the drive went well, uneventful. We stop at the Best Western in Dalton, GA (where our reservations were) around midnight. Now who would have thought that they would have a seedy bar at the Best Western? I kids you not. There were drunks and a live band (did some Eagles...love the Eagles). The drunk women were all over by the check-in. We get into our rooms and I tell Bear that I'm gonna go get a snack. I have to go past the drunks to get to the snacks. I'm smiling, being my polite self and this drunken bitch makes a derrogatory remark to me. WTF? I'm in my sweat pants minding my own damned business, walking on the sidewalk. I excused myself as I walked past them. So WTF?

I ignored it and walked on as though I didn't hear her. I get to the snack machine inside of the lobby (after getting past a couple drunk men) and from my side vision I see this other drunken bitch eyeing me up with her hand on her hip with that come-on-give-me-a-reason look on her face.

Again, WTF!!!

So I'm heading back to my room eating my popcorn mentally preparing myself to have to kick someone's ass. I've never been in a fight in my life. Everything I've ever done has been on the mat. I really thought that I was going to have to put some of that training to use. I made it back to my room without an issue though. Thank the Goddess because I really didn't want to get in a bar fight with this rowdy bunch outside of a dive on a Friday night in Dalton, GA. Wasn't on my To Do list.

So I'm pulling this U-Haul over the mountains in Tennessee in fog so thick that you could hardly see the road. Bear said I did a great job. No problem. We got home around 1:00 in the afternoon.

The kids LOVE the house, the barn, the pond, and all the land around it.

I fired a real gun for the first time. Now I've been shooting BB and pellet guns since I was a kid, but I'd never actually fired a real gun before. Bear took me out with my little .32 and had me fire at a tree after he shot off three to show me. I fired of nine rounds all together. Seven of them hit the tree good and solid, one skimmed, one missed. Bear was impressed. Really impressed. So I've found something new to play with. I'm purchasing ear and eye protection and also some targets for practice. We have 34 acres for me to shoot on.

We saw an owl a few nights ago and last night we saw a red fox run across our little road heading out from the barn. It was cool!

Alrighty then, gotta go start dinner. Those kids of mine just demand food every damned day. Tomorrow I'll update you on my crazy mother.

5 comments:

FRED said...

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! WATCH THE FOX - THEY EAT YOUR CHICKENS - I FOUND THIS OUT THE HARD WAY

Krystal said...

We don't have any chickens...yet...

eyes_only4him said...

man, I am alwyas in the mood for a good fight with drunken bitches..LMAO

so where did you move to and why?

i am a nosy lil fucker;)

Jean said...

glad to hear you made it safely. Now your blog is beginning to sound like a novel... add more references to thick fog, some spooky barn stories and maybe a neighbor with a limp, and you've got good reading.

life on the farm. you and fred have more in common than we ever thought possible!

Anonymous said...

So Krystal, I thought your sick mind would enjoy this one very much. I'm sitting at work this afternoon, just lividly steaming because I just found out this afternoon, that hubby is going to have to work tonight. So, here's the plan for tonight. Get bottle of tequila. Start drinking. Throw up on husband's side of bed. Guess next time he'll want to stick around when I say I want to do some shots after a hard week!!!!

Love ya girl,
~M