Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So today is the first day of my son no longer attending public school. Tomorrow we're suppose to go check out the private school around the corner. With a $330 curriculum fee and $265/month tuition, I'm thinking that the chances of his homeschooling are pretty damned high. So here's my delima: Who the hell starts homeschooling in the middle of the year??? I pretty much will have to start with day #1 since we use a different curriculum which builds on each previous unit.

Sounds like fun.

To be totally honest, I've grown accustomed to having my day pretty much to myself, asside from the two hours I spend doing K with my youngest. Now my days will be dictated by homeschooling again. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed teaching my children at home, but having had the taste of freedom, it's a bit harder to get back to.

Of course sending him to private school has it's issues as well. For example, there's no bus. That means that I have to drop him off and pick him up every day. I won't be able to spend the day in my PJ's and I won't be able to run a little long on my afternoon errands because there's no bus dropping him off at the end of the street anymore.

And I've been told that these people can be a bit religiously fanatical. I can deal with that I guess.

I just hope that he doesn't go to school and start using the "F", "A" or "B" words which he's been saying around his younger brothers. Maybe we'll just say he has Terrets as well and can't help it.

I wish I had never put my children in public school at all (except for the eldest who wants to attend the regular high school). It's a lot easier to keep on doing than it is to stop and then restart. Seriously, I've no idea how to start homeschooling in the middle of the year like this.

I need to think...

and that isn't exactly my forte...

2 comments:

BostonPobble said...

As someone who doesn't have and doesn't want children, the fact that you do means you have my utmost respect to begin with. Add homeschooling to that? My friend, you are a Goddess. (But you knew that already) ;)

Ozfemme said...

That's a lot on your plate right now! Wishing all the best for the future.

There really is no rule about the not staying in pj's all day, you know.

Start a trend!