Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I'd like to take this moment to remember President Gerald R. Ford who passed away on the 26th. He was the oldest living American President. He passed away at age 93, as did Reagan. Ford beat Reagan's age by just one month. He was also the only President in American history to have not been elected.

Ford had several honors bestowed upon him. You may read about them here. It is a wonderful tribute and I encourage you all to read it, especially if you are an American. It is a sad time in our country when one of its highest leaders passes away. I believe that it is incumbant upon us all to set asside politics when one of our leaders breath their last, and to pay them the respect they deserve. Please take just one moment in your day to honor President Ford.

I'd like to close this post with a quote from Ford made immediately after at his swearing in. I believe that it embodies the man himself:

"I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your president by your ballots. So I ask you to confirm me with your prayers."

Rest in peace, Mr. President.

1 comment:

Jeffrey L Watts said...

Ford did have class.

Happy New Year Krystal!