Sunday, December 10, 2006

Texas Mosque Update!

Actually, one of my readers posted a very well written comment regarding her experience with having a religious organization open up down the road on her PREVIOUSLY quiet neighborhood. I thought it deserved sharing.

Ozfemme said...

We live in a relatively quiet (if you overlook my raucous squawking at the children) leafy peaceful area. Just down the road from here, some Bahai devotees took possession of an old shopfront and use it to worship on certain weeknights. That's cool. They're a peaceful, gentle mob and I quite like the basic priniciples of their faith. I just wish that after a peaceful, night's worshipping they could go peacefully to their cars (which they've blocked our driveway with at regular intervals) and depart as quietly as they can. No, not this mob. Once they're done with their peaceful and harmonious worshipping they're out there, all talking at the top of their voices at once, taking half an hour to say "See Ya" and slamming their car doors several times over each - or so it would seem. Perhaps it's part of their rituals? Then, just to top it off, they have to honk their car horns twice each as they depart, just in case there's someone in a 12km radius that isn't aware of the fact that they're going home and see you Thursday!!


My son is in the school rock band. He plays guitar and is soon acquiring a drum kit. We have a large garage down the back of the property which I will line with whatever sound proofing works the best. I've notified the neighbours and have set time limits on when Noise and his band members can make noise.

Guess who in the street has a problem with it?!

I'm tempted to schedule a rock band concert in my front yard one Thursday night from 7 - 10pm and invite everyone in town and make sure all the available parking space in the street is taken.

I'm a reasonable woman, you know.

Peace Out People!


Now see, like I said, the issue with the Mosque isn't anti-Muslim. It's anti-"noise and confussion in my neighborhood". Here you have a religious organization not caring about the noise and problems THEY cause, but reign in on the neighbors' right to make their own.

3 comments:

Ronbo said...

Yes, other religions besides Islam (Submission) have offended their neighborhoods in this country with the same complaints you have noted, however, no other major besides preaches war against all "Non-Believers" (Infidels) with death or slavery as the only outcome if they refuse to convert.

Personally, if I had the authority I would outlaw Islam as a dangerous killer cult and political ideology -- and exile, or imprison all Muslims in the USA -- They are a dangerous 5th column within our borders.

The term "Muslim-American" is an oxymoron: A Muslim by definition places the satanic "Allah" before nationalism.

Sincerely, Ronbo

Krystal said...

And for the most part, I agree with you.

However, my point is that this really isn't an issue of the Texans not wanting a Mosque there, I just don't think that they want ANY organization out there that is going to create constant traffic and noise.

And that arguement will go a lot further in debate than not wanting them there because they're Muslims. Single out the Muslims, and to most of the world you're some type of bigot. Not wanting traffic and noise all the time is legit.

Barney said...

this is an issue where no matter what stand you take, your going to be discriminated against.