Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mice, Mousetraps and my Defective Cat


Ralph the Mouse was a field mouse that took up residence in the boys' bedroom upstairs. He use to sniff my eldest son's toes at night sometimes. Last night I found out about Ralph. Ralph the Mouse is now dead. No more motorcycle rides for Ralph. He met his demise in a wooden mouse trap baited with peanut butter. I took his body out of the trap and flung him into the woods by his tail. Touching dead mice doesn't bother me. I'm sure he'll be eaten by morning. Then I reset the trap just in case Ralph has family here.

I would not have had to been the bad guy who killed Ralph the Mouse if the Defective Cat would catch mice instead of watching them run by. That is why I got a cat, to catch the field mice that try to move in my house. But my cat is defective. She prefers to jump up on my countertop, rip open the bread, and eat the the crust. She likes bread. She is stupid.

And now, I am a mouse killer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be glad it wasn't a rat.

Just stopping by. I often click names of commenters in other blogs just to check out their blogs.

Krystal said...

It was nice having you visit.

Barney said...

Did you know.. that mice like to eat battery cables too!!!

they chewed thru my sister's n laws, mothers battery cables one night while her car sat in the garage...
I wonder if now we have a bunch of wired micies?

Makes you feel better... Im a mouse killer too :( :)

"T" said...

C'mon, you weren't a mouse killer the trap was... you were just an accessory to the crime :)