Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I ran over my dog today.

I was backing out of the drive way to drive down to the barn and let the goats in. I was barely moving, thank the Goddess, when I feel this "thump" and the van stops. I go into drive and move off of what I'd backed over thinking, "Please don't let it be a dog...please don't let it be a dog..." Of course, it was a dog.

I took her to the vet. She's needed staples and antibiotics and pain meds (think she'll share the pain meds???). She'll be recovering on the back porch. No playing with the goats or chasing squirrells for breakfast for the next week.

I picked her up and put her on one of the chairs on the back porch and covered her up with a towel so she'd stay warm tonight. Poor thing.

Maybe now she'll stop playing dodge car. There are only three cars on this road (two houses, dead end). She's now been hit by two of them. I hope this will be the last time.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

omg..I am glad she is ok..

hey, wanna come run over mine?..on "accident of course"

:)

Twisted Lady said...

Whoa!

Poor doggy. Good thing you didn't kill her.


I ran over a squirrel the other day. Smashed it flat.

Felt bad too...

Barney said...

Hope the wee little puppers is ok...

Anonymous said...

I did the exact same thing, only I was pulling into the drive and he darted out from behind the wall. I was barely moving but he jumped out when I couldnt see him. I wasnt so lucky, though. He died in my arms about 1 minute after. Very sad but we cant blame ourselves, just try to keep them away from cars in the future. All the best.