Friday, May 19, 2006

My Morning Wal-Mart Adventure

I had to hit Wal-Mart this morning because I have a couple children with colds and I needed to get some vitamin C and a few other suppliments as well. Things were great. I went through check out, no waiting (way cool). Then I head over to customer service to return a package of card stock (customer service opens at 7:00 so I did my shopping first).

I get in line behind this man who has about twenty various small hardware items to return...from four different receipts. Of course he hasn't sorted which items go with which receipt so the girl behind the counter has to find each and every one. Yeah. Then he wants to purchase two other little things. Then he wants a gift card.

I'm standing behind him these TEN MINUTES with more people gathering and he has a conversation with the girl that goes like this:

Guy: Money transfers from Wal-Mart? How does that work?

Girl: You can have us transfer money from this Wal-Mart to any other Wal-Mart for another person to pick up.

Guy: How convenient. Everyone waits around for a Western Union and not everyone has one.

Girl: Yep.

Guy: So I can come here to shop and send money anywhere then?

Girl: Yes you can.

Guy: And someone else can pick it up?

Girl: Yes

I'm Thinking: No, you have to fly there and pick it up yourself, dumb-ass.

Guy: So, if I wanted to send money to someone in say, Florida, I could do that?

Girl: Yes, you could.

I'm Thinking: Yes, dumb-ass, she said ANY freaking Wal-Mart. That would include such incredibly remote places like Florida as well. Now why don't you ask about other distant places like California, Hawaii and Alaska while the rest of us STAND BEHIND YOU AND WAIT, dumb-ass. We have nothing better to do with our day.

Guy: That's pretty convenient. Thanks!

And he leaves all excited because he can wire money from Wal-Mart. It totally made his day.
I'm so freaking thrilled I can hardly stand it. Now please, just do my one return from my one receipt with three items on it so I CAN GO HOME. Thank-you. Now have an average day.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

hmm,,so you can transfer to ANY walmart?

damn..that IS convinant..

hahaha

Krystal said...

Yep, even the ones in FLORIDA. Imagine that!

Bite my ass...

The Bizza said...

Ugh! He sounds like one of my end-users. Your patience should be commended. You impress me. If i were you, I could imagine that convo ending in a different way:

GUY: Say... what's that stinging sensation betwixt my buttocks?

GIRL: (leaning over to get a better view) It appears that the grumpy guy behind you has just lodged the merchandise he was about to return, along with his left-foot, heel-deep into your rectum.

GUY: Say! That's mighty painful! Why would anyone do a mean thing like that?

GIRL: Probably because you're being a douche right now.

Krystal said...

BJ, that's funny! LOL!

Watch yourself there, J. I have lots of land. They'll never find your body.