Friday, July 21, 2006

Several large trash bags.

That's what I will be taking to the dump and to donation. WHY? Excellent question! I asked my sons to clean their room. Without going into too much detail, that request was followed by 45 minutes of whining and complaining and arguing and fighting becasue no one wanted to clean the mess. When I was finally told to go inspect, stuff had been shoved into the corners, under chairs and in the closet. I think the topper though was when...

Bear, please sit down...

I walked to the other closet and found this brown stuff on the floor. What was it? Shit! It was dried shit! You see #4 has gotten into the habit of waiting until the very last minute to go to the bathroom and his shit fell out his pants all over the floor. In an attempt to clean it up without mom finding out, he rubbed it into the carpet.

No.
One.
Told.
Me.

And now it is dried and crusted in the carpet. I will do my best to get it out, Bear.

So, amid tears, they have to take EVERYTHING that is not in its place and throw it away. And there will be no more. They are now on lawn bag #4...

8 comments:

sonia said...

It's so much easier with girls. They are messy too (clothes scattered all over), but at least reasonably clean...

eyes_only4him said...

way to go...tick to your guns there..i have done the same thing..(not becuase of poop on the floor, but that is a good enough reason for me)..but I would tell them to clean and 10 minutes later they were back out..I told them if i go in there and everything is NOT in its place, whatever is on the floor or under the bed is trash..

lots of bags i had that day too..

BostonPobble said...

So many reasons I'm not a mom...

Anonymous said...

Thats how we got ours to clean up behind themselves. As far as I know poop wasn't an issue but i have hauled bags and bags full to the dump. I should have made them seel their stuff at a yardsale and then kept the money. hmmmmm i might be onto something.
ole mean dad j

The Bizza said...

Dried-up human fecal matter, eh? Damn... you are one calm, rational woman. I'd have set the entire state on fire.

You're teaching them a hard lesson though... nicely done.

Krystal said...

Thanks, guys for letting me know I'm on the right track. We did this once before. They kept their rooms clean for MONTHS!!!

I only overreact when they leave shit on the carpet for days at a time. Throwing their stuff away? Hey, I paid for most of that stuff anyway. Fact is, the stuff they really like, they take care of. The rest of it, they couldn't care less about. I had all those bags of trash, do you know each child has only asked for one thing. They said they really don't want the rest anyway. I let them each take out what they wanted.

Anonymous said...

your pic makes me lose my train of thought
jsull

Twisted Lady said...

Yup, I'd have flipped out.

Good job, Mommy.

They don't need all that crap anyway.

I weed stuff out a couple times a year around here.... They never even miss it.