Thursday, April 19, 2007

My daughter took a pair of scissors to her hair and cut her bangs and the side of her hair to the scalp. I tell Bear and asks if I can even it out. No, I can't because there's nothing TOO even out.

This is the third time she's done this in three years, and the worse! I spanked her butt (which I hadn't done before), I told her she looked like a stupid idiot (which she does...you should have seen the looks we were getting at the store when I had to go), and she's grounded from the television until it grows out. I told her to have a fun two months. I didn't buy her the baby stroller I was going to get her and I'm not taking her for ice cream tomorrow either. In fact, I'm not taking her anyway I don't absolutely HAVE to until she no longer looks like she does.

And for those of you laughing, go screw yourselves!

7 comments:

FRED said...

Hee hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

Let go of the anger. Hug your baby and tell her you love her. Life is short. Her childhood is short. I know it can be frustrating, but don't let it take time away.

Your blog is GREAT. Keep up the terrific posts.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Laura can suck my fruity ass!!!

The Bizza said...

I'm laughing with you, not at you.

It pleases me greatly to be reading all of these blogs, advocating ass-whuppins and tough-love for their kids... I was beginning to believe that us "old school" parents were a dying breed. I see now that there is still hope for the next generation.

I salute you!

Unknown said...

I'm with Dung Beetle...I'm totally laughing with you.

The Duckling was practicing using scissors at g'mas one weekend and wanted to do the same when we got home. Except she got bored of cutting scraps of paper and went for her beautiful locks...which I only noticed when I saw the damage lying on the floor.

Krystal said...

Okay, I've finally passed through the pissed-of-as-hell-can't-have-family-pictures-made-while-my-Bear-is-here stage and have moved on to the laughing stage. But only when she's not looking.

My friend said her daughter, at the age of 8, gave herself a Cindy Lauper cut. They had to shave her head. BUT she never did it again...

I actually think that in about two weeks she'll be looking pretty normal.

Ozfemme said...

Not. laughing.

Oh, I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. That laughing noise just slipped out by accident.

I hear you. Pencils did that once. I found the scissors and the hair stashed away in the bathroom cupboard.

She tried to tell me it was just "baby hair growing out"....

You don't have to leave the house and thankfully hair grows quick.